Collie recently assisted GemLife in obtaining town planning approval for 27 individual architect designed living units comprising stage 5 of its lifestyle village in Woodend, Victoria.
The living units will be well serviced by the Gemlife Woodend clubhouse building and its impressive facilities that are under construction and nearing completion.
The Collie role on the project was to provide town planning services which included:
- advising on the development potential of the site including the likely built form and siting provisions;
- reviewing the village masterplan and advising on changes to the design in order to improve the layout as well as the likelihood of Macedon Ranges Shire Council (Council) supporting the application;
- advising on the supporting material required to accompany the amended planning permit application;
- reviewing expert documents prepared by others;
- preparing a detailed town planning report including an assessment (as a guide) of each dwelling against clause 55 of the Macedon Ranges Planning Scheme;
- extensive liaison with the project team and Council officers including providing a detailed response to objections received.
A Notice of Decision to Grant an Amended Planning Permit was issued by Council and Collie was pleased to assist Holding Redlich at the VCAT compulsory conference following which, the VCAT hearing was withdrawn allowing the amended permit to be issued.
The approval of stage 5 is timely with the second display village launched last month and the opening day being well attended.